Plum khatti mithhi
I am too much of achar (pickle) person. I can eat it as much as i can, at any time :) Thankfully I just found a cheap deal for these plum so I decided to make some sweet and sour one. This pickle is so delicious that I finished it before even posting in my blog :)
1 kg plum
3/5 tablespoon oil
Bit of ground spices as per your choice (cumin, fenugreek, mustard, fennel are my fav)
2-4 dry whole chilli
1/2 teaspoon black onion seeds
Salt, turmeric and sugar according to your choice.
1. Mash the plum in a bowl ( do not remove the seed, let it be there as it will taste awesome when cooked)
2. Place the saucepan in medi heat put some oil and add all the ground spices.
3. When the spices starts sparkling add whole chilli and onion seeds as well.
4. Now add the mashed plum, increase the heat and add salt n tumeric.
5. Let it boil over for 7/10 minute until it is smooth aftet that we can add sugar accordingly. You can add up your own choice of spices like chilli powder, nutmeg, bay leaf etc.
6. Now turn of the heat and rest until cold. Pour it in the bottle and put it in the fridge.
That's it. Isn't that easy !! So what are you waiting for .. Grab the ingredients and start making :)